Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy 26th Birthday!!!



Valentine's Day 1984 was a memorable one for our family. I was eight years old, and in the middle of a Valentine's party at school when word came that I had a little sister. She must have been a good baby, because I don't really remember there being a drastic interruption in family life (although we were flexible enough that it probably wouldn't have mattered!), and we enjoyed watching her grow. I'll never forget her taking some wobbly little steps down the sidewalk at our home on Mackenzie Drive...so cute.
Anyway, lots of years have passed now, and I'm so thankful that God has allowed us to have a close relationship. I will never understand how sisters can go for months and even years without speaking because of some silly little spat or disagreement. We all have disagreements, but they shouldn't hinder us from a loving relationship!
Thanks, Valerie, for being a wonderful little sister, a good wife, and a great momma...I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!