Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One of my favorite things...

about my life is that I am married to a wonderful man. I'm glad that he's a good friend, and a great dad, but I'm even happier that he is a fantastic husband. We love to spend time together just hangin' out, exploring new places, whatever it is...it's better together. We were blessed again this year to receive get-away $ as part of our Christmas, and it was spent without guilt, because it was designated by the gift-giver to be used for an overnight trip (thanks, mom and dad!). Of course, a couple of the kids are getting to the age where they want to go along, but after a brief explanation (something like 'mommy and daddy need a solid, happy marriage, and part of that is taking time for each other, and I hope when you grow up that you'll leave your kids with me and go have some fun with your honey!'), they seem to be satisfied. And it's amazing that within 48 hours, they're mad because we are back home. :) Not every parent finds it important to have dates or weekends away from the kids, but I do, and I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with these types of issues:


So, mid-January, we had a wonderful weekend away, with some very comfortable places to rest, delicious food to eat, and beautiful Ohio sights to see. And made some new friends during our three hours on this train...

If parenting has become more important than nurturing your marriage, be encouraged to take time to restore that first relationship...the happiness of your home depends upon it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book. We are going to a "weekend to remember" in May. We are both nervous because it will be the first time to leave her overnight..2 nights...Ever! She will be 2..and where i am sure it's high time. We both dread it..yet in ways I am looking forward to time totaly alone with my hubby. I just hope we can focus on each other and not the fact of how much we miss her. At least it's in Downtown INDY...10 min from home..but we are getting a motel and Katelynn will be with Nana and Papaw and then Mamaw and papaw for the 2nd night which is only 30 min or so away from us!!! So it will be a quick exit and hurry home to her! But hope to come away with a new Spark in our marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!