Friday, September 16, 2011

Just Chillin'...

in this lovely fall weather!  The boys and Greg are at the church working on an extended project, and the girls and I are taking advantage of the peace and quiet.  Thank God for Fridays, candles, pjs, warm blankets, satellite radio, and (at least for this week) National Quartet Convention!  Although not an event I would particularly enjoy attending, picking up bits and pieces in my living room has been kind of nice.  It's also nice to be able to simply switch channels at will...some of the SG is just a little too S for me.  :-)
The library mediamobile was at school the other day, and another patron was chatting with the driver while I was browsing for a few books for my kindergarten classroom.  "I hate fall and everything about it," the patron said in dramatic fashion.  "Me too, " the driver piped in, "I love snow, but if it's gonna snow it better shut everything down!"
 I didn't feel like my opinion would be very welcome because fall is, without a doubt, my favorite time of year.  I know everything is dying, there is a bite in the air, and the days seem short, but nothing spells comfort like a pot of simmering soup, the scent of burning leaves, the beauty of mums and pumpkins, and the warmth of a cozy sweatshirt.
Fall beckons each of the senses and entices them to indulge extravagantly.   Go ahead...savor the season, and have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Totally love fall and all that goes with it. My house smellls like cinnammon spices and toffee and Carmel and pumpkin! Love it! And sweaters oh yeah!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! I LOVE Fall! The crisp cool air, all the colors, the smells, (the pies), it's just a cozy kind of season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too absolutely L!O!V!E! Fall! How fun! Cute post!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my scrapbooking post. That is a neat idea what your Grandmother did with y'all's pictures. =)

    Love ya,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!