Thursday, January 24, 2013

To Do in 2013

image
As I mentioned in my first post of the year, I don't particularly like New Year's resolutions. I think it's mostly because of their reputation, but for whatever reason, they just don't appeal to me. Goals, however, are a different story. The old saying, "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time," is absolutely true.  And I sometimes I find myself either barely maintaining, or even falling behind because either I haven't been organized or I've just simply overestimated what I could do.

With the craziness of each holiday season, my goals usually aren't in place until late January, but that's ok. The important thing is that I take the time to assess where I am, where I need to be, and the steps that I will make to bridge that gap. It really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

In that earlier post, I referred to three goals that I have set for this year.  Additionally, and more specifically, there are other areas of my life and my home that need attention.  Those that are standing out to me are:
  • focus on my overall health and well being - more about that in another post
  • organize/catalogue the enormous amounts of sheet music that are here and there around my house
  • develop a "me" corner in my house to help streamline all of the bills/coupons/documents that are a part of running a household (I would also use it as an area to work on the "work" things that I end up bringing home)
  • build upon the "5 meal plan" format for menus (rather than a certain meal on a certain day, keeping 5 meals ready and accessible so that we choose what sounds good on any given day and know that it is all there and easy to prepare)
  • grocery shop before school on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday each week - it's a chore for me, and I feel incredibly defeated when I take time away from the family for random and frequent grocery stops
  • get rid of piles of stuff - it isn't all junk, but there is a lot of stuff, primarily in the garage...still packed in boxes...since last April/May - good chance we don't need it
  • move all photos to an external hard drive {which I first have to buy} and compile albums containing pictures from the last five or six years - yeah, I'm way behind - it's gonna be expensive, but I like to have family albums so that we can enjoy them the old-fashioned way  
  • finish the house remodel - there are a few pesky things left to do
Considering the fact that we are heading into a crazy busy season, achieving any of these goals is going to take extra effort and focus.  I plan to blog about each of them, hoping that will provide me a healthy dose of motivation.

So, stay tuned...I'll probably be asking for advice!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!