Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mmmmmm...Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas

Here is a Kraft recipe that I recently tried. It ended up tasting pretty good, so I thought I would pass it along. If you're a busy mom like me (who only has a kitchen cause it came with the house), then you like simple recipes, too! :)

8-6 in. flour tortillas
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 lb. cooked boneless skinless ck. breasts, shredded
1 clove garlic, minced (I don't use garlic cloves, so I substitute)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 cup shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese, divided
1 cup chunky salsa, divided

Heat oven to 350. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on med. heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, cream cheese, cilantro, and cumin, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup cheese; mix well.

Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in 13x9 in. dish (sprayed with cooking spray); top with remaining salsa and cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through.

**I basically doubled this recipe, and then only filled enough shells to feed us for one meal. The rest I put in a container for later use. I is delicious left over, as well. The mix would also be good as a heavy dip with tortilla chips. Next time I make it, I will use more cilantro, and maybe ramp up the other stuff a bit for more of a distinct flavor. The cream cheese tends to soften the cilantro and cumin a bit. Also, throwing toppings like shredded lettuce, black olives, etc. on top after baking can add to the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!