Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fanastic Veggie Bake Recipe!

Many of you have asked me for this recipe, and I thought I had posted it earlier, so I apologize! Greg suggested that I make business cards with this recipe and put them next to the dish when I bring it to potluck dinners, etc., and that may be an idea! :) Anyway, here it is:

Vegetable Bake (Pampered Chef)

3-16 oz. bags California Blend (I prefer Aldi because the broccoli is all florets, no stems)

1 cup mayonaise

1 tsp. pepper (use more to taste)

8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

1-14.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup

1 clove garlic (more or less to taste)

Spread California Blend into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl, then spread evenly over veggies. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes, or until the veggies are like you like them (more tender or more firm). Add French's Fried Onions, and bake another 5 minutes or until golden. Let set for 5 minutes or so before serving.

Enjoy!

**I make this alot because it is basically foolproof. If baking time can be adjusted by letting the veggies thaw before baking. If they are frozen solid, it may take more than an hour to reach desired tenderness.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!

    By the way....I am also reading Date Night in a Mini-Van:) The title was what sold me!HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!