Monday, March 14, 2011

"Matters of the Heart"

What a fitting theme for the 2010-2011 ACE conventions! Proverbs 4:23 issues a wise command, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." I honestly don't think that most of us fully comprehend the importance of the 'keeping of the heart', but I'm working on it, and I'm asking God to empower me to impart what He teaches me to those for whom I am responsible.
Sunday morning's message, taken from the 1st epistle (key word...lol) of Peter, instructed me to 1. Be who I am, 2. Be who God wants me to be, and 3. Be who I will wish I had been when I stand before God. Those three individual points will give me something to chew on for at least a week. Sunday evening's message challenged me to be holy, even as He is holy, noting what holiness is and what holiness isn't (some practical clarity to a doctrine that isn't nearly as confusing as some have tried to make it).
As I tried to allow my mind to rest Sunday night (something that has been rather difficult to do as of late), I reflected on the blessing of sound Bible teaching. Having it so readily available, in an even greater quantity than my mind can sometimes assimilate, is really a gift that I don't want to take for granted.
After a full week with this lively crew...

And my all-time favorite person...

We are now full swing into plans for Kaitlynn's 7th birthday, and then a full week of revival with Dan and Michelle Durkee! Looking forward to it immensely, and hoping no one gets sick. *I'm becoming a firm believer in cod liver oil. Aside from Allison's couple of feverish days - attributed to cutting molars - we have been healthy for almost three months! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Thanks for joining the conversation!