Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lately...

If you want to catch up with my life this week, head on over to www.gsrek.blogspot.com.  It's the best I could do for a post at this point, cause I can't justify more until I get my yearbook submitted!  Oh, the things that tie us down.  :-)
This coming week we celebrate the birthday of our little blondie, and we get to accompany Greg on a short business trip.  I also get to conduct my final parent teacher conferences for the 2011-2012 school year!  How in the world are we at the end of the third quarter already?  I'm feeling graduation excitement as our seniors, eighth graders, and kindergartners begin to reach their goals for the year.  It's bittersweet...time is marching on. 
It seems that our family is going to have a much more interesting spring than originally planned.  I'll share as I can, but in the meantime the cleaning must begin! 
How many of you have started your spring cleaning/decluttering/organizing?  Let me know your favorite method...I need some ideas to help with motivation.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna be dead in the morning, but just had to finish your blog first. :) I saw somewhere that throughout the year this lady fills boxes with garage sale things and stores them in her basement. Then, a few days beore her sale, she goes down and prices everything. I haven't done this all year, but as springtime approaches, I am getting so sick of "things" seemingly everywhere. So, today, I started my first box. Hopefully by the time garage sale time rolls around, I'll have a nice collection of things to sell as well as a decluttered home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna be dead in the morning also, but hey...aren't we always dead in the mornings? Haha! Anyway, I think that is what our garage sale gurus at church do (lol), and it seems to work pretty well for them. Let's get together for our sale. I'll be in touch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing, only my boxes are in the attic. As the kids outgrow their clothes the nicer ones go in boxes for consignment and the others go in yard sale boxes. And anything else I come across that we no longer need gets stashed in the yard sale pile. Then I price it all a few days before my sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!