Sunday, February 18, 2018

Our Family Visits Washington, D.C.!

Greg and I always knew that as soon as our kids were the right age, we would be taking them to Washington, D.C.  The summer of 2017 was the perfect time!  Our children were 9, 13, 16, and 17. 


So I began to plan.  I made a trip to my local AAA office and picked up free maps and tour books of the areas we would cover. And I began to scour every website and blog I could find.  There was SO much to see and do, and SO many questions for which I needed to find answers.  Vacation time is limited, and if you've ever spent time with four kids in an unfamiliar city, you know you don't want to get lost, robbed, fined, or hungry.  Any of the above can ruin a good time, right?



After spending so much time planning this five day vacation, I wanted to put together my thoughts and blog them in hopes that others would find the information helpful and encouraging. There are many schools that take 8th grade trips to D.C., but I firmly believe this is a trip best experienced by the family.  You know your interests and your beliefs, and all of that can incorporate with the blessing of sharing the experience together.  I can't tell you how much our kids loved this trip.  It is a highlight they will remember forever.


I'm doing a series of posts covering various attractions and tips.  I wish the posts could be even more encompassing, but there is just so much!  I hope you do find it helpful, and I hope that you'll leave a comment with anything you may like to add to the conversation.  One can never be too prepared!

Enjoy this peek into our favorite vacation to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!