Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Our Family Visits Washington, D.C. - Library of Congress, Supreme Court

We almost skipped the Library of Congress!  

We were tired, hungry and hot, but the girls and I decided to quickly peek into the Jefferson Building (one of three buildings that make up the congressional library), and we were not disappointed.

As I mentioned, it was a quick visit.  We didn't spend a lot of time, but we were able to view several exhibits and see this great view of the reading room.  The Library of Congress offers guided tours, as well. Follow the link above to find more information!








Next to the Library of Congress, you will find our great Supreme Court.  As I mentioned in previous posts, our visit coincided with several remodel projects.  Unfortunately, one of those was in the actual courtroom.  We were still able to access all of the other areas open to tourists, and it was a great experience.


I sure was wishing I could take them to see
beyond those great doors!

Stunning spiral staircase


Spent my week with a map in one hand and my phone in the other!

So many info galleries to study...we certainly didn't scratch the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!