Saturday, March 9, 2013

No Place Like Home!

After a virtually media-free week, I am back home and enjoying catching up on all my favorite blogs and posting a few pictures of my own.  For a peek into our week, click here.  I was able to spend a little time with my college bestie at the event we attended last week, and she concurred with me...there's no place like home!  I never considered myself a homebody {I can become 'housebound' within just a few hours}, but sleeping in a motel, eating out every meal, and constantly rearranging clothes in a suitcase isn't really my cup of tea these days.  I guess it is a small price to pay for the benefit of what we were doing, but I'm really glad to be back to the comfort of the place I love. 

When we walked into the house, it only took a split second for me to realize that whatever I had put down the garbage disposal before we left really hadn't gone all the way through the process of being disposed.  Rotten roast beef is utterly lacking in appeal.  :-)  With the magic of baking soda and some candles, we had it smelling like home again in no time, and spent the evening getting everything back into place and kicking our feet up for awhile. 

This morning I was able to catch up on one tiny detail that I hadn't had time to take care of before leaving - the fridge cleanout.  Ugh.  Needless to say, the dishwasher has run twice today.  Then it was on to organizing the pantry, making a grocery list, and all the other little details of getting ready for a new week.  It's good to be home.

Earlier in the week, I was a little anxious.  My parents are off for a trip to the Holy Land, my brother and his wife were attending the National Religious Broadcaster's Convention in Nashville, their children were at home with their maternal grandparents, three of my kids were in Cincinnati with my sister and brother-in-law, and we were in Muncie with the responsibility for a group of kids who are not ours.  It's not often that we are all scattered in different directions in travel, but it just happened to be that way this time.  So far, all of us except for my parents are back safely.  Mom and dad have a couple more days to experience this incredible journey they are taking.  Please pray for them as they complete the trip and fly home on Tuesday. 

Since it felt like spring today, Greg grilled some steaks for supper.  Only in Ohio can you go sledding one day, and be comfortably grilling on the deck the next.  ;-)  It's soooo good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!