Since I'm just using a little downtime in my classroom to type this post, I will just share a few simple things of which I was reminded this summer. Hopefully I will be able to expound on them, with pictures, over Labor Day weekend.
- God is an amazing Friend...He is pleased to give us our desires as long as they are not in conflict with His will.
- It is not the length of time we have known someone, but the experiences we share together that determine the strength of our bond.
- Death is so final and can approach so silently. Sobering thought...
- Children don't need expensive vacations filled with roller coasters or Mickey Mouse to be happy. A campfire under the stars or a makeshift water slide with a hill, a tarp, and a garden hose are enough to provide hours of laughter and fun. Quality and quantity of time...both are so vital.
- A house is just a temporary residence, a place to hang your hat. Sometimes you just have to let go of that security blanket and see what comes next!
- Nothing is quite as beautiful as watching the church, the Body of Christ, function together in perfect harmony, each playing his own part while getting the job done.
- Each season of the year brings its own thrills, as well as its own unique challenges. Savor each one, 'cause once it's gone it ain't comin' back!