Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 8

Moving Day!  Greg had a mandatory meeting for work (wouldn't ya know it!) down in Sidney, OH, so I left the kids relaxing at home and went on over to get a head start and tie up a few of the many loose ends.  Panera's Pumpkin Spice Latte made the morning a little more fun (why must my taste buds be so attached to my emotions?).  After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door, and it was my neighbor...exchanging her dishes from the previous night's dinner for this...

I didn't rotate the pic, but that
didn't change the flavor!  :-)
The new house was in chaos for the whole day.  Our friend Steve continued to work on wiring every outlet, exhanging the switches and plates, and helping put in some lights.  Rob Cantrell helped Greg move furniture.  Wendy stopped by my house, loaded her car with boxes and odds and ends, and Stephanie helped her unload. My parents continued to make trips to Lowes and Menards for supplies, they brought dinner, did laundry, bathed the kids, and helped to keep things organized as much as possible.  Everyone's help was appreciated so much!  Lots of people had offered to help, but not knowing exactly when things were going to roll, we couldn't really schedule it.  Everything was very spontaneous, to say the least.

By the time we fell into bed Sunday night, this was the view
from the front door.  It drove me nuts, but short of staying
up all night, there wasn't a thing I could do about it!
View from the kitchen - not getting any better, is it?!  :-)

Part of our bedroom
 
Fortunately, it's a big bedroom, and this was the only part
we even cared to see by that point in the day!
THIS is a lovely sight.  :-)
So Day 8 was pretty productive.  Stay tuned for updates which I will post randomly as we make progress! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have such a nice neighbor! :) I'm excited to see your new place since you all have done so much work on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!