Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just To Keep Ya Humble...

I really think God gave us kids to remove any extra traces of pride that may be left floating around in our once-carnal hearts. And just to be honest, paybacks stink! Haven't we all done things as children (before we knew better, of course) that embarrassed our parents half to death? I know I did, but I'm certainly not going to discuss those situations on this blog!
Instead, I'll share something that my 21-month-old daughter did yesterday...and yes, I blushed..big time.
I was working in the Upper Level Learning Center (grades 7-12), and Allison came in with her bottle to tell me she wanted more milk. I took the bottle, and headed out the classroom door for the kitchen. Just as I left the room, I heard her say, "Mommy, Popsicle! Mommy, Popsicle!" I turned around to quiet her, only to see her with a huge grin on her face, waving a certain feminine product which she had managed to dig out of my purse. That, my friends, will keep ya humble.

4 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. Jillian got one of those "things" out of my purse last week at church, and proceeded to wave it around to those sitting behind us before I realized what was happening. HIGHLY embarrassing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crissie shared this story with me.....it is too funny for words! A popsicle? Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...that is hilarious!

    Also loved the ideas for the rewards you mentioned on my blog. I dont home school but wanted to encourage them to read more. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the greatest story ever! Hopefully Aubrey never does such a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!